Friday, January 3, 2020

Welcome to New Beginnings by Blog!

Brothers and sisters in Christ, members and friends of St. Paul - Annapolis,

This New Beginnings class-by-blog will offer an overview of the Christian faith and highlight some important distinctives of Lutheran Christian teaching.  It is intended for people who are new to Christianity or who come to our fellowship from a non-Lutheran background, but anyone is welcome to participate.  We only ask that you be respectful of our goals and objectives:  Some threads go "beyond the basics" and are better covered offline or in another venue; other threads can be inflammatory and distract from the main point of a post. 

For those of you new to blogging, I recommend you set up this blog to send updates to your email or your phone, so you know when I add new posts.  I expect to add about 1 new post per day, though I will occasionally post more or less often.  I will also add extra information via the comments and my replies to your comments, too, so it's important that you read all of the comments and replies.

A NOTE TO THOSE WHO "LISTEN IN" ANONYMOUSLY:

If you are watching this blog, but do not plan to participate in the life and ministry of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Annapolis, please be respectful of the registered participants' time.  Do not add comments unless you plan to register for this class with Pastor Brian.  (See "Your First 'Homework' Assignment" below to register.)

A NOTE TO PEOPLE PARTICIPATING IN THE CLASS:

A big part of sharing the faith by blog will be the questions and answers that we share through the comments and replies on each post.  So I am asking you:  If you are registered for this class, PLEASE write questions and comments.

YOUR FIRST "HOMEWORK" ASSIGNMENT: 

If you wish to register for this class, please add a comment to this post saying hello to the rest of the class and telling us a little about yourself!  Be sure to include your email address, so Pastor Brian can contact you directly if needed.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Ben and I'm looking forward to the class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Ben! It occurs to me that I never said anything about myself. Let me do that.

      Delete
  2. I am Pastor Brian and I facilitate the discussion on this blog. I also prepare the posts that you will be reading. I do this as the pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Annapolis, which is the congregation I've served for five years since finishing seminary at Concordia Seminary - St. Louis (csl.edu). Before seminary, I worked for eleven years as an electrical and systems engineer in the defense industry. Although I loved my work then, God had this in store for me (and for us) and I look forward to our conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Callie and I am really excited about class. I like horses and drawing.
    Hello this is Charlotte. I have a baby sister who is 1 year old and we play together. I enjoy jumping on my trampoline and rock climbing.

    ReplyDelete