Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Sacrament of the Altar: But What If I Don't Believe This? - Part 2

After the last post on the "real presence," you still might be struggling to believe it.  And that might make you wonder all over again whether you can or should participate in the Lord's Supper at St. Paul - Annapolis?

In essence, the answer is still the same.  Jesus instituted the Supper for His disciples, and you cannot claim to be a disciple if you do not follow your Master in the things He says and does.  If you will not believe what the Lord says in the Scriptures, you should NOT participate in the Lord's Supper.

But just as in the earlier post "What If I Don't Believe This? - Park I:  There is a difference between saying, "I understand what God says in the Scriptures, and I WON'T believe it until I'm convinced" and saying, "I understand what God says in the Scriptures, and I am struggling to believe it, but I WANT to."  The former are the words of a sinner refusing to repent; the latter are the words of a sinner repenting.  The former words belong to someone who should NOT participate in the Lord's Supper; the latter words belong to someone who SHOULD.

No comments:

Post a Comment